Top Shelf Aquatics

CPR aquafuge or bakpak

90accord

I found one if each for sale local. Which one do you think would be the better choice.

26gal bowfront. The aquafuge is 18long I think its the medium hang on back. The bakpak has a rio 600 venturi with the preskimmer/bubble trap. Both are about the same price at $50 fuge and $45 skimmer.

Can't fit both on tank.

what's your tank setup like? livestock, rock and your plans for it?

Its a 26 gal bowfront. Its freshwater currently. I will be getting 25lb LR and 10lbs of base rock.

I will start as FOWLR and slowly become a reef, If all goes well. Don't know on live stock yet.

Tank is 24long 20tall 15wide.

Side question how many fish can I have in a 26g without overstocking it to much?

Paleoreef103

Three fish is about what you should stock. I've got a 24 nanocube with a perc, a cardinal, and a royal gramma. Another fish I think would probably be too much.. You could sub out one of these fish for a couple of small gobies though (read 1 1/2 inch max gobies).

• 2 weeks later...
I would have picked the Aquafuge. Which did you get?

I might regretit it but I got the bakpak. I can always drill or HOB overflow the tank and make a fuge. I was also planning to later upgrade to a bigger tank and the bakpak is rated for like a 65gal So there is room for future expansion. And if I do a seperate sump/fuge I can put the bakpak down there.

It was a tough choice, I wish both would have fit. There were both cheap.

I know my choice is not what was recomened but.

I was a tough choice. I think I made the right choice if I ever was to get a larger tank or make a sump/fuge.

But I didn't realise how large the bakpak is, no wonder its rated for such a large tank. But the rio pump it came with has seen better days and is pretty loud.

Anyone on here used the Accela pump? Any good? What about noise?

Should I run the skimmer 24hrs a day? I only have a 26gal tank, dont want to over skim.

It also came with the surface skimmer/bubble trap, But that thing is really bigger than needed. I think I will make my own smaller version.

Archived