Cultivated Reef

How hot do pc's run?

cliffrouse11baseball

cliffrouse11baseball

Just installed the custom sealife 32 watt retro kit and i am wandering how hot the bulb runs. It was on for about 30 minutes and I took it off and I couldnt touch the bulb it was so hot. I then took that glass part out of the top. Now it is still hot but the tank is staying at 80 constantly. The plastic does not seem to hot. Just some info. I am not an electrician and I just dont want to start a fire..

ELGORDOINAVW

got a night light turn it on for 30 minutes and then grab the 7 watt bulb... hot isn't it? what did you install your light into? my guess it's a minibow or bowtank of some sort. most people that have the 32 watt retro on their 7 gal keep about a tank of 80-83, you could add a computer fan to blow cool air in so that it stays at about a constant 81* a 3"-4" fan should drop the temp about 2 degrees but remember they blow ambient air, so if it's 212 degrees then your water will be 212* if it gets that hot add old bay seasoning and blue crabs and in about 2-3 minutes you'll have lunch.

I run the 32 watt supernova over my minibow with the acrylic cover that came on the hood in place. No heat issues at all. Are you using a heater in the tank? 80 degrees is a fine temp for a reef tank. Mine actually is around 76-78 right now because I haven't put the heater back in yet.

cliffrouse11baseball

They are running fine. The bulb is hot of course but the water today got no hotter than 80.1 degrees i got my cool new digital thermometer today.. a haha

I did take the glass out of the top part though

thanks alot

Archived