ReefCleaners.org

Tunze9002 & StevieT Help

SpankythePyro

SpankythePyro

Had my skimmer for a week, ran it w/o the cup to break it in because of low water lvl.

Got my water level up today after wc, and I guess I have to wait for the vaccum to be created but...

I do not see foam yet? I just want feedback as to what I should do, waterlevel seems fine, bubbles are in the tunze at the little ring level. I guess I just have to wait for the impartial vaccum to suck the bubbles up? If so how long does that take?

Had my skimmer for a week, ran it w/o the cup to break it in because of low water lvl.

Got my water level up today after wc, and I guess I have to wait for the vaccum to be created but...

You really didn't have to wait for a water change to bring your water level up. You could have just added fresh saltwater to chamber 2.

I do not see foam yet? I just want feedback as to what I should do, waterlevel seems fine, bubbles are in the tunze at the little ring level. I guess I just have to wait for the impartial vaccum to suck the bubbles up? If so how long does that take?

The Tunze is very sensitive to water level. Do you have your water level at the level line on the outer casing of the skimmer? I think I read that you have the inTank collection cup...right? If so, then dial up your skimmer until the bubbles are rising up the collection cup tube where it will be level with the bottom of the collection cup. Leave it there for a while. If, after a while, you're getting a lot of liquid, you can dial it back a bit.

If you're still not getting skimmate production after trying this, you might want to pull the skimmer out, take it apart, and make sure that everything is connected properly. Make sure that the air tubing isn't kinked. Mine was kinked when I first got it. Once I corrected that, it worked fine.

SpankythePyro

I think the air tube is kinked a bit because bubbles are not reaching above the skimmer body and up into the collection cup.

I only waited for a w/c because I had just gotten water I don't have an RO/DI unit so i go once a week to grab distilled for a wc and top off

I think the air tube is kinked a bit because bubbles are not reaching above the skimmer body and up into the collection cup.

I only waited for a w/c because I had just gotten water I don't have an RO/DI unit so i go once a week to grab distilled for a wc and top off

It's pretty easy to take apart. The top and the bottom pop off to give you access to the pump and tubing. If you need any more help, feel free to PM me. Good luck.

SpankythePyro

yea ive been able to take it apart, i have the water level a little above the line on the skimmer right now and the bubbles only come up halfway in steviet's tube for the cup

yea ive been able to take it apart, i have the water level a little above the line on the skimmer right now and the bubbles only come up halfway in steviet's tube for the cup

can you post a pic? I'd like to see what you're dealing with.

I just got the 9002 and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I tried to install it in the 2nd chamber, I removed the bio balls, plugged it it and it sounded like total crap. The water level in the 2nd chamber doesn't get that high. I've read that people have it 1.5 inch below the line on the 9002 but how do you do that? Do you have it bottomed out on the tank? Some pics would be great. thanks

I just got the 9002 and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I tried to install it in the 2nd chamber, I removed the bio balls, plugged it it and it sounded like total crap. The water level in the 2nd chamber doesn't get that high. I've read that people have it 1.5 inch below the line on the 9002 but how do you do that? Do you have it bottomed out on the tank? Some pics would be great. thanks

You have to raise the water level in the second chamber. Look at this pic as it will give you an idea of where it sits in my tank:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34663408@N06/3241484387/

If it's not at or near the water line on the skimmer casing, it won't work properly.

SpankythePyro

my water is at or above the water line and mine doesnt bubble like that lol

UGH i also have alot of micro bubbles or stuff just floating in the tank, because of the risen water level thwe water doesn't just flow down into the media rack because it doesn't fall down at all, water level between 1 and 2 is just a bit below in lvl 2

my water is at or above the water line and mine doesnt bubble like that lol

UGH i also have alot of micro bubbles or stuff just floating in the tank, because of the risen water level thwe water doesn't just flow down into the media rack because it doesn't fall down at all, water level between 1 and 2 is just a bit below in lvl 2

Something is definitely wrong with your setup then. I'm using the same media basket and the same skimmer as you are. You should have about a 2" drop from the chamber 1 overflow to your chamber 2 water level.

mkregs

About how many inches is your level from the top of the plastic wall(the one that separates the tank from the 2nd chamber. BTW I filled the 2nd chamber like you said and it seems to be working. I'm waiting on my collection cup and media rack from Steve T.

SpankythePyro
Something is definitely wrong with your setup then. I'm using the same media basket and the same skimmer as you are. You should have about a 2" drop from the chamber 1 overflow to your chamber 2 water level.

I removed my divider, so I have an extra long flow area...... The media racks top wall also comes up to the 1st chamber.. however I do not have my stay piece yet... it wasn't shipped with my order but a new one is on the way... maybe that will make the difference, I don't know

Yeah...that stay-hold piece for the media rack is important as it also directs flow into the media basket. I elected to not widen the overflow from chamber1 to chamber 2 as it seems many have done.

I doubt that has anything to do with your skimmer issue though. As long as the water level in chamber 2 is at the water line on the skimmer, the skimmer should be working. Are you sure you have the adjustment screw set high enough? Pics would still be great.

Do most people end up cutting the divider? Im trying to decide which media basket to order, the standard stay or longer stay holder type. I dont have mine cut yet and but dont want to regret ordering the wrong stay piece.

SpankythePyro

most people do to increase flow into the 2nd chamber. I don't regret it. If you ever want it back you can always just take some plastic and epoxy or superglue a tab back on

Archived