Cultivated Reef

Sapphire BC29R Skimmer

Crazy_Jake

So according to the picture, you have to have the water level in the second chamber below the recirculating pump. I know a lot of you who have the back chambers maxed out with water. Also, I'm not running a heater as of yet but would like to have one (currently temp is steady at 75F). I guess with the water level at that height I'd be limited to putting the heater in chamber 1 as chamber 2 and 3 would only be half full and I think that the heater has to be fully submerged. Additionally, no real room to put cheato after the skimmer with fuge light on back of tank.

post-30607-1235771764_thumb.jpg

Sapphire Aquatics

The design you see there was a prototype from MACNA. The picture below is the final production model. The Min/Max level indicator on the side of your aquarium is what you will use to set your water level. You will keep the water at the top of the window so you can place the heater just about anywhere as long as you remember to top off the tank once in a while!! I like to keep mine in the first compartment on the right. You can put a little pressure on the plastic grate that is half way down in the first chamber, right side of tank, and it will pop out. This is the best place for the heater as this water level is constant.

post-22369-1235774348_thumb.jpg

The design you see there was a prototype from MACNA. The picture below is the final production model. The Min/Max level indicator on the side of your aquarium is what you will use to set your water level. You will keep the water at the top of the window so you can place the heater just about anywhere as long as you remember to top off the tank once in a while!! I like to keep mine in the first compartment on the right. You can put a little pressure on the plastic grate that is half way down in the first chamber, right side of tank, and it will pop out. This is the best place for the heater as this water level is constant.

Yeah I'm nervous about pushing out the grate. Just push straight down? What's holding it....silicone?

Archived