Pod Your Reef

Tunze Nano 9002 Advice

myownkeeper

Im interested in purchasing a Tunze Nano 9002 and am curious how to put it in the tank. its small so how would i get it to be at the proper height? should i build a stand or stack it on LR? not sure what to do.....

any ideas? what have you guys done?

Im interested in purchasing a Tunze Nano 9002 and am curious how to put it in the tank. its small so how would i get it to be at the proper height? should i build a stand or stack it on LR? not sure what to do.....

any ideas? what have you guys done?

I still have the Oceanic Skimmer

I don't mind having it there it collects stuff so it seems to be working.

I've heard different things as far as actually even needing one,

I like the tank to be as natural as possible, so im not even really for them.

Also what kind of tank is it?

If its BC, just get Stevie T's media rack and skimmer cup?

This is the preferred skimmer around thees forums and i have heard good things.

But just my opinion

I like the tank to be as natural as possible, so im not even really for them.

Skimmers are natural, ever see seafoam from waves, same thing.

Skimmers are natural, ever see seafoam from waves, same thing.

Wow never thought of it that way,

makes sense

Any good ideas on making my oceanic skimmer work better for me?

Like replacing air stone?

Its clipped to the side so im not sure how changing the depth would work out,

It seems to be collecting alot of water and not alot of nasty stuff,

easy fix?

Ha now im asking questions lol

Sorry for the Hijack :D

to get back on the question, the skimmer is held in place by a magnet so that you can move it up and down. I dont have one of these tanks, but do have the skimmer.

As for making the oceanic skimmer work better, probably best idea is to stop banging your head against the wall and buy a better skimmer, but I dont have one of those either, maybe their are some tricks. :)

stop banging your head against the wall and buy a better skimmer, but I dont have one of those either, maybe their are some tricks. :)

Best advice i think i've gotten :D

Will do lol

ive got an aquapod 24 and i just upgraded to metal halide. Im converting my tank to a sps nano, so i need a skimmer. I Hear so many good things about the tunze so im 76% sure thats what i will be going with. plus the fact that it has a magnet mount so i can place it were i want it. im just concered about the things said about the water level. im worried that when i do my water changes that it would mess up the settings. Plus im contemplating removing the false wall to add more room but dont want to have the skimmer and fuge looking takey. What do you guys think? Does anyone have any pics of their Tunze mounted? so maybe i can get a better idea.... thanks

ive got an aquapod 24 and i just upgraded to metal halide. Im converting my tank to a sps nano, so i need a skimmer. I Hear so many good things about the tunze so im 76% sure thats what i will be going with. plus the fact that it has a magnet mount so i can place it were i want it. im just concered about the things said about the water level. im worried that when i do my water changes that it would mess up the settings. Plus im contemplating removing the false wall to add more room but dont want to have the skimmer and fuge looking takey. What do you guys think? Does anyone have any pics of their Tunze mounted? so maybe i can get a better idea.... thanks

I run a Tunze Nano 9002 on my 12 Gal Reef. It pulls skimmate out like a champ. However, I would not be worried about messing up settings. The skimmer settings are controlled by a small blue valve at the top. Basically all it does it control the amount of air the skimmer is allowed to suck in. The valve is easy to use and effects are almost instant, you can see the changes in foam production when you remove the collection cup and look inside the body. However I have never had to play with this valve after initial setup. When I do water changes I take water out and refill back to the same level (or there-abouts) and the skimmer wtill works like before I did the water change.

HTH

myownkeeper

im still debating on the tunze 9002, also debating on the Octopus BH-1000 skimmer. im in an alltumatum on if i should remove the false wall. so the skimmer is very important to me.

ssirishpride

Don't worry about the water changes. Your settings will be fine. I mean how long dies it really take to do a w/c right? FWIW just unplug it if you are doing a large volume w/c. It's not like your going to eff things up by restarting it. In the 2 or so weeks I have had the Octo I have taken it off 3x, turned it on and off multiple times, and completely cleaned it for no apparent reason while I was moving my tank to a different room. It pulls out skimmate like a champ.

Archived