ReefCleaners.org

Hydor Flow

IrieReefer

Hi All,

Can someone give me any feedback on the Hydor Flow attachement that rotates. I want to put one in my 12 gallon aquapod to replace the stock flow heads.

thanks for the comments and I currentlty have maxi jet 900 and nano hydor. Thanks again

Hi All,

Can someone give me any feedback on the Hydor Flow attachement that rotates. I want to put one in my 12 gallon aquapod to replace the stock flow heads.

thanks for the comments and I currentlty have maxi jet 900 and nano hydor. Thanks again

I see it advised on this forum all the time,

I would suggest that or the one that kinks and has many different

holes for varied return flow.

It came with my BC29 so im not sure of the name,

but thats definitely a good choice

I have two Hydor Flo heads on two MJ900's in two different tanks. They do require maintenance to keep functioning correctly. I think I have had mine for like 6 months with no issues for my 10 gallon frag tanks. Just take it apart once a month and clean it out - very easy. The flow moves the heads of my zoas around and looks cool. Honestly, I don't think it has made any difference to my tank other than one more thing I have to maintain. I'm not keeping fish in those tanks at the moment but I would think fish like the clown would love to swim against that.

Steve

Thanks for all the comments!! I figured it was a good choice. I was kinda worried about it falling off of the aquapod connection. But it does not look like there is any issues. Thanks again

Thanks for all the comments!! I figured it was a good choice. I was kinda worried about it falling off of the aquapod connection. But it does not look like there is any issues. Thanks again

Thanks a bunch!! That's what I wanted to know

Props to Nano-reef and its members!!!!

I tried it for a couple of months on my AP12 and took it off and went back to the Y stock fitting and took out a lot of the links to make it more compact. I thought the Hydor cut down on the flow a good bit even though I changed out the stock pump to the MJ 900. I am going to try a MJ1200 just to see if the flow is too strong. I do not have another powerhead in the tank yet, so still looking for more flow.

Back when I had an AP12g tank, I had one on mine and loved it! Some tanks it works with and others it doesn't, all comes down to personal preferance really.

Archived