Pod Your Reef

****Frustrated with the Stock Solana Skimmer!

bruce922

Hello all. This darn skimmer that comes with the Solana set up is so loud. I'm not the most experienced reefer but have been closely watching my skimmer since I set up my tank almost a month ago. I know its not the best skimmer and am seriously looking into upgrading it. I have read a lot of posts from Nano-Reef and a couple other reef forums sites. It seems like the 2 most common skimmers that people have been upgrading to are the The Sapphire Solana/Cardiff Nanoskimmer and the Tunze Nano DOC Protein Skimmer 9002. It seems like both of these skimmers pretty much directly fit into the 1st chamber of the Solana. There are both priced pretty much the same, I think the Sapphire is actually $30 or so cheaper. I remember that with the Tunze skimmer you have to raise it about 4 inches in order for it to work properly. Any advice? I know there are a ton of Solana set ups on this site and would love to know what Skimmers people are going with it they decided to upgrade.

By the way all the Solana tanks on this tank are really nice and can only hope mine comes out to be just as nice.

Archived