Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

matrix system

classic

i decided to get this:

Aqua-Square3.jpg

its 38 liters so about 10 gallon

since i am totally new with this i would like your feedback on the equipment:

goal is to have a nice silent nano reef in my bedroom which is silent, clean and cute :)

since 10 gallon is not much i want to outsource the equipment as much as possible coming to my first choice:

1556110610B.jpg

Aqua Clear 50

is this enough for the stream in a 10 gallon?

jaeger_regelheizer_6.jpg

Jäger 50 Watt

is this enough for a 10 gallon? will it fit in the aqua clear 50?

piccolo.jpg

sander piccolo skimmer - enough and fits in aqua clear 50?

about the lightning i have no clue at the moment... but i wanted something like this:

PICT2350.JPG

2x24 Watt T5 - would this be enough?

total length of the fish tank is 48cm... thats around 19ft... so i am looking for some light system like in the picture above with 19ft length.... what about people using ventilators and chillers... do i need this kind of stuff... its rather cold in here anyway...

i am hoping to get ideas hints alot of feedback in general and want to quit this thread with saying hello its nice to have found you... nice forum nice design nice logo and hopefully going to have a good time in here...

CU

qwiksilver711
i decided to get this:

Aqua-Square3.jpg

its 38 liters so about 10 gallon

since i am totally new with this i would like your feedback on the equipment:

goal is to have a nice silent nano reef in my bedroom which is silent, clean and cute :)

since 10 gallon is not much i want to outsource the equipment as much as possible coming to my first choice:

1556110610B.jpg

Aqua Clear 50

is this enough for the stream in a 10 gallon?

jaeger_regelheizer_6.jpg

Jäger 50 Watt

is this enough for a 10 gallon? will it fit in the aqua clear 50?

piccolo.jpg

sander piccolo skimmer - enough and fits in aqua clear 50?

about the lightning i have no clue at the moment... but i wanted something like this:

PICT2350.JPG

2x24 Watt T5 - would this be enough?

total length of the fish tank is 48cm... thats around 19ft... so i am looking for some light system like in the picture above with 19ft length.... what about people using ventilators and chillers... do i need this kind of stuff... its rather cold in here anyway...

i am hoping to get ideas hints alot of feedback in general and want to quit this thread with saying hello its nice to have found you... nice forum nice design nice logo and hopefully going to have a good time in here...

CU

I think you mean 19in, not 19ft, and look for a used sunpod to light it. You probably could get away without the protien skimmer, and that heater is good enuf for your tank. dont know about the filter though, I have no experience with HOB filters like that

I think you mean 19in, not 19ft, and look for a used sunpod to light it. You probably could get away without the protien skimmer, and that heater is good enuf for your tank. dont know about the filter though, I have no experience with HOB filters like that

what filters are you using?

chironerd21

If you want to stick with T5HO get the 24 inch fixtures... a tad longer than your tank..but will do better in the long run...

As for the AC50... I would either change it into a refugium...or not use it at all

Have you look at the Rio Skimmer? Its a Protein skimmer + filter in one... and i heard some decent reviews on it...

Don't use that skimmer you suggested...its air stone...it going to be loud with the pump...

If you want to stick with T5HO get the 24 inch fixtures... a tad longer than your tank..but will do better in the long run...

As for the AC50... I would either change it into a refugium...or not use it at all

Have you look at the Rio Skimmer? Its a Protein skimmer + filter in one... and i heard some decent reviews on it...

Don't use that skimmer you suggested...its air stone...it going to be loud with the pump...

ok i want the rio skimmer i will take a look at... so some members tanks who put egg crate and build a nice wall and intank fuge... for sure looks nicer than a hangon but i can imagine a hangon is easier to clean...

thanks again for all your feedback guys... learning alot here.

The 2x 24W T5HO will be fine for your system, although it will be a bit longer than your tank.

I'm assuming you're from Europe? A sunpod wouldn't be a practical item for you to procure.

With such a small tank volume, you won't need a skimmer as long as you do weekly water changes - it should be sufficient to keep your wastes below acceptable levels.

The AC50 (AC 70 would be preferable) will be good for housing equipment and a refugium for your tank. Do a search here for the AC HOB refugium mod and you will have a better idea what you can do with it.

ok i like the refugium idea with the ac50/70... about the protein skimmer... i heard it even has disadvatages when using in such a small tank... but lets say i would use one... water changes once a month would be enough?

gotcha... i found hang on PL lamps with 50/50 18w... i would install two of them put like 12 pounds of rock into it... and use a ac70 as an mechanical filter (would this be enough stream?) with 50w heater and no skimmer... with this setup SPS + 1 little fish is possible?

Archived