ReefCleaners.org

10g nano

Puff_the_Reefer

Puff_the_Reefer

Here are a couple of pics of my 6+ mo. old nano. Pic quality sux with the cellphone cam but its all I have right now. The tank looked good so I took a few pics. Here is the list of inhabitants:

Red Sea Xenia

Brown/Tan Xenia

Brown Star Polyps

Green Star Polyps

Torch

Blue Florida Rics

Bright Pink Ric

2x Orange Fungia

Alveopora

2x galaxy coral

Candy coral

ZOOS!

Sea Mat Colony

5 scarlet Hermits

5 blue legged Hermits

Sally Lightfoot

Coral Banded Shrimp

Lots of Astrea snails and 1 Turbo snail

6-line Wrasse

Lots of Featherdusters on Tonga rock

TOO MANY AIPTASIA!!!! X)

Crocea Clam

Pipe Organ

Puff_the_Reefer

What's a skimmer? :

No skimmer here, just a weekly 1g water change. I'll add a drop or two of calcium every now and then.

Puff_the_Reefer

Clam is doing awesome since being in my tank. Mantle expansion is great, even with only 72 watts over the tank. The clam has grown in size for sure since I've had it. I've had it for at least 4 months now. Need some a maxima or two, or three!

Puff_the_Reefer

No joke Caj. The torch was a teeny 2-headed frag when I got it back in March. The sucker has really taken off and grown, it now has 4-5 mouths on it. I'm actually trying to get it into my buddy's 125 gallon reef because the sweeper tentacles have stung (let's see here...) my Galaxy coral, my candy coral, and some zoos, but since then I have relocated the culprit and the other corals are fine. I should probably just frag it and only keep one head of it and watch it grow all over again. Not bad for a 10 dollar torch eh?

Puff_the_Reefer

Can anyone make out the pink Ric in the bottom left of my tank? I got it from a LFS a few months back for 20 bucks. I think the guy thought it was a Florida Ric, but to me it looks like a YUMA! I haven't seen a hot pink/red ric like that for under $100 bucks. I felt bad after I got it from the LFS. Actually, I'm lying... I was stoked on the deal! Does it look like a Yuma to you guys? It has so much more life than the blue floridas I have and expands and contracts like no other. When it shrinks it gets SUPER bright pink. I can't wait for it to split. Split already damnit!

What are you feeding your tank, particulary your crocea? Our is the clam just relying on your lighting? I am only asking because I have the same lights as you do and I have been thinking of eventually getting a small clam to put in my tank. Also are you using those little plastic leg-stands for your JBJ's or do you have the lights sitting right on top of the water?

Thanks,

Frank

Puff_the_Reefer

My clam relies on lighting. Seems to have been doing quite well since I got it. My JBJ hood sits on top of the tank without legs. Its an older style hood and is actually meant for a 15gal tank so it is a little bit wider than my 10gal which gives it good support. Do a search for my tank when I first set it up and you can see the lighting setup and even the clam when I first got it.

Archived