ReefCleaners.org

How many people have a eclipse 12?

knobber

printerdown01

I have a 12 gallon with an eclipse hood... If you are willing to count that, then count me as 1. :) Retrofited the hood with a 32W PC

got one about a month strong now.  i'd really love to show you guys pics but i need a camera.  i have a 2X32 retro on the way that i cant wait to install, except i'm hoping the heat will stay down in that tight canopy.  i just installed a little comp fan yesterday, i think its working.  gotta xenia, blue mushroom, and a clean up crew so far with 12lbs of live rock and 12lbs of live sand.  i threw away the bio-filter and i havent had any adverse affects so far.  just in a week i can see my xenias growing really tall. i'm very satisfied with this tank because it just looks really clean without having a bunch of stuff hanging from the back of the tank.

Here's mine.  I wouldn't worry too much about the heat.  I've got the 32 watt retro in mine and I keep the lid closed most of the time.   I don't have a fan, either.  

Sorry - this is the only recent picture I was able to recover.  I ran GoBack on my computer and lost a bunch of pictures.  DOH!  :homer:

FrontView.jpg

Well, I just can't seem to screw up my 12. It gets a little warm, though. I have the smartlite 32, and have gotten up to 90. I guess I need to come up with a better cooling system.

On a sidenote, I used to defend the system 12, but now that I set up a 10 gallon glass tank, with a regular hood and the same light, I will never buy an Eclipse tank again. The 10 runs six degrees cooler on the hot days, and is easier to maintain.

• 2 months later...

anyone out there with an eclipse hood and the regular smartlite retro kit (not a supernova) have any suggestions for how they covered the light, or protected it from the salt and moisture?

I have an eclipse 12 too! No special lights at the moment; just FOWLR.

Will buy 32 W lights and some corals in the somewhat distant future, after I get settled in the hobby. I just started last week.

Archived