Cultivated Reef

Coralife Super Skimmer 65 instuctions?

Agent G

I bought a Coralife Super Skimmer 65 from a NR member and I am having trouble regulating it. It works... just not like it should. I moded the intake to be about 4 inches longer because my sump currently does not hold more then about 4 inches of water. (going to change eventually).

I googled and searched for instructions but didnt find any. Anyone on here either have a manual they can scan the important pages of or send me a link to some info online?

My problem is that when i turn it on the entire top either fills with clear water (no bubbles) or when I lower the knob on the return the bubble levels fall a few inches short of the cup. I played with it for about and hour and couldnt get it to regulate right. Its currently in the sump.

Thoughts?

how good is this unit. I just brought a RemoraC skimmer this weekend but was thinking about actually getting the SuperSkimmer....any thoughts?

PS-This would be used as a hangon skimmer

You ROCK! Im not kidding, I looked for a while. This is exactly what I needed. :happydance:

Beachpig, thanks so much for the offer but the PDF worked. Much appreciated!

how good is this unit. I just brought a RemoraC skimmer this weekend but was thinking about actually getting the SuperSkimmer....any thoughts?

PS-This would be used as a hangon skimmer

I will let you know when I get it up and running. I was looking for something that would fit in my sump and was kinda cheap so I dont have much research to offer. Dont but a Prizm. I had one that came with the tank set up and although it worked the noise and microbubbles drove me insane.

Edit- Pimpforchedder, you where the one who I was going back and forth with about my skimmer. After your questions I started to feel bad selling something I didnt like to someone on NR so I dumped it on ebay. It was brand new but omg the noise! When you search them online that is the complaint. Dont hate me for bailing on you!

I had this unit for a while (1st ever skimmer) and it was a PITA to dial in for me. Once I did get it dialed it would run fine for a day or 2 then with no reason I would come home to it overflowing. I had not fed or done anything different. Not only was it not very reliable in that sense but it would take forever to get back to normal after turning off. However when it was running right it did pull a lot of dark thick skimmate. I would not be able to run it in my living room without going insane from noise and fear of overflowing. Got a Tunze 9002 after selling it on craigslist, could not be happier.

Agent, I had this thing on my 55 for about 4 years and never had a problem with it. I'm sure once you get it dialed in it will work fine for ya.

Have a Good Day!

Edit- Pimpforchedder, you where the one who I was going back and forth with about my skimmer. After your questions I started to feel bad selling something I didnt like to someone on NR so I dumped it on ebay. It was brand new but omg the noise! When you search them online that is the complaint. Dont hate me for bailing on you!

Yea about that...

Don't worry about it...I went out and brought a Remora and couldn't be happier. However, a simple email would have been cool. :P

In hindsight I would have liked to keep it to use in my sump that I have now. Problem was it was my 1st skimmer and not 100% confident. The main drawback was the air sucking noise. It WAY outperformed my Tunze 9002. The skimmate was actually thick like mud. Anyways I think you will like it after the break in period and it runs consistently.

Archived