Cultivated Reef

Flatworm with a neon pink spot??

chele

Ok.. So I did a search on flatworms.. Found lots of good info on them.. Got a general clue of good and bad ones.. So here's my case...

I bought a mushroom rock today. Its actually two dead clam shells attached to eachother (looks really nice:happy: ) with 5 mushrooms on it...

I acclimated it for three hours and just placed it in my tank whem I noticed there were flatworms on the "rock".. They are 2-3mm long, medium brown, and have a neon pink spot on top of them.. There were about 5 of the little buggers that I could see.. None of them were on the mushrooms.. Just moving around on the rock itself..

So my question: Are these coral eatters? Bad for the tank? Or are they one of they "safe" species? I don't really want to try to kill them because I really like they're color..

I would post a pic to help ID but they are so small my camera can't pic them up...

Any info would be greatly appreciated.. Specific website maybe???

TIA,

CheleB)

they just multiply rapidly then? No munching on livestock? Good thats a relief!:happy:

Is there anything out there that I can buy that will eat them?

Tanks,

Chele

some Wrasse do, but you are better using a pippete and siphoning them out one by one.

a quick search here will give lots of info how to "remove" um ;)

Archived