Pod Your Reef

Getting corals to stay on the rock

gavin123

It can be tricky as they tend to blow around with the water current. What I've found to work for me is to put the coral on the LR where you want it & then surrond it with some smaller rocks (any rocks will do - I used rocks from the back alley). Use 3-4 rocks.

the rocks act as a dam & it stops the coral from blowing around in the water currents. After about 1 week remove the rocks & the coral should be attached to the LR.

Once, for a mushroom, I just put a rock ontop of it (like a paper weight). After 3 days I removed the rock & it opened up & attached quite quickly to the LR

• 2 weeks later...

For finger leathers - I use thread and it works great! Remove it afetr 7 days and their on there. Shrooms can be tricky. The only thing that has worked for me it use bridal vail lace. Put the shroom on the rock and wrap it (not to tight) with lace, then use thread to secure the lace. Remove it in 7 days....done!

• 2 weeks later...

I stuff my shrooms in the rocks, and they peak out soon after ;-) But I have to put it in a spot where it will stay in the rock and won't blow away. That's the lazy way and doesn't require the netting.

I once bought shroom frags that used the netting trick that onthefly mentioned and that works well too.

For my finger leathers, I used superglue, but kept knocking it over and off the rock... =( I think I'll try the thread trick next time.

For anthelias, I used superglue.

They last time I added a bunch of frags...I used all 3 methods

The kenya and singularis you can see the blue thread

The Leather you can see the Superglue "drip"

And the Shroom is in it's "timeout" netting in the back.

Archived