Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Packing my CPR's return

Chupacabras

I picked up a Backpak-2 (not the R) the other day and had a bit of a silly question... is there any reason I shouldn't use the return side of the skimmer to hold my heater and bag of phosguard (bag is tied to a plastic spoon so it's not sitting on the bottom or anything)? I've done it for the past week since I got rid of my AC300 and replaced it with said skimmer. Everything seems to be ok but am I in for some kind of trouble down the road (bio nonsense was pulled out before I put the skimmer on btw)?

I'm trying to clean up the back of the tank, I've replaced all my PH's with a SQWD closed loop rig but don't want to have to throw the AC300 back onto the tank... the back end of my 20L is already busy enough without it.

I have not problem with bubbles just using the little outlet sponge that comes with it, so it seems to be a cool little storage area... just want another opinion on it :).

Thanks in advance,

Btw, had a hell of a time keeping PH's where they belong... since I almost had a Crak debacle, I opted for that SQWD rig :).

Be a bit careful with LR...You will begin to accumulate detritus in the skimmer. This will lead to NO3 problems. Stick to the heater, and temporarilly the chem bag. One thing...make absolutely sure that NOTHING impedes the flow of water in the return. If it does you will quickly have water all over the floor!

Groovy, thanks for the assurance all. My bag of phosguard/carbon hang below my return pipe so no blockage worries.

Didn't think there would be an issue but never hurts to double check.

Archived