Pod Your Reef

tunze 9002 or saphire aquatics bc29

asmedeas

im getting a new protein skimmer im wondering which of these two you guys would recomend i do have a bc29. if you guys have any other suggestions too please tell.

I have the 9002, which I like pretty well. I had to create a custom skimmate reservoir, as the stock one won't fit without mods to the hood. No experience with the sapphire.

-AJ

Yeah, I know. I stole your idea and made my own, though I did give props to yours in my tank thread. Would have been cheaper to buy yours but I like to build things myself if at all possible.

-AJ

Thats fine. I am just showing that you do not need to mod the hood as you stated to run the 9002 in this tank.

The only thing I have against the sapphire is that it takes up the entire second chamber of the tank. So you will have to decide what is more important to you, having media and a skimmer or just a skimmer in that area.

Overall, does this tank really need a skimmer, no weekly water changes are enough just like with any nano

Thats fine. I am just showing that you do not need to mod the hood as you stated to run the 9002 in this tank.

The only thing I have against the sapphire is that it takes up the entire second chamber of the tank. So you will have to decide what is more important to you, having media and a skimmer or just a skimmer in that area.

Overall, does this tank really need a skimmer, no weekly water changes are enough just like with any nano

i just want overall better quality in my water since im getting some white stuff as you remember from my older posts

you still will have surface film even with a skimmer, you really need to get that water level correct.

A skimmer will help your overall water quality, they both are good units.

Archived