inTank Media Baskets

Anyone know how to test/fix a K4 pump

Roc!

heres the back story, about 2 months ago I got 2 K4's used, one was a little noisy when I got it but I found out the small plastic ring on the bottom of the impllear had dislogged from the implellar, simpley putting it back on fixed the noise issue. Now that same pump has stopped working all together. I am trying to figure our of it's the pump itself or something else, but am unsure how to test it, and or fix it.

I have removed the pump from my tank, but have tried to break it down and put it back together several times and I just don't see any movement from the implellar.

Any recoomendations?

heres the back story, about 2 months ago I got 2 K4's used, one was a little noisy when I got it but I found out the small plastic ring on the bottom of the impllear had dislogged from the implellar, simpley putting it back on fixed the noise issue. Now that same pump has stopped working all together. I am trying to figure our of it's the pump itself or something else, but am unsure how to test it, and or fix it.

I have removed the pump from my tank, but have tried to break it down and put it back together several times and I just don't see any movement from the implellar.

Any recoomendations?

Does the impeller wiggle at all when you start to put it into the unit with it plugged in? If no, you have a broken wire in the cord or motor block, through it away. If the impeller wiggles, the motor block is working, and something is stopping the impeller from turning.

Kim

Any recoomendations?

also do you have the little book that shows you pictures of everything that is in the pump and how it goes? k1-k4 have different peices and the inside looks different. outside they all mostly look similar lol but inside different story :P

Archived