ReefCleaners.org

Octopus Extreme 160 vs. Bubble Magus BM100?

thetaylors

I think the Bubble magus is GREAT..I really like mine..built VERY well, its SOOOO quiet and makes some serious milky fine bubbles in the chamber..for the price and size of skimmer and build I think its hard to beat.

I wouldnt use it in anything less then 8" of water though and 10" is said to give the best performance. Mine is in 8"..it is a beast

KH5V0315.jpg

gotta ask yourself as well..is the Octo worth more then double the price as well.

haha..I also know nuocean has KILLER customer service..if you have any issues he gets it worked out for you ASAP

now I just need to get my sump worked out, thanks to you I know the 10 gal might not be big enough.. but was thinking of maybe using an external pump that would game me 5 more inches of fuge space

now I just need to get my sump worked out, thanks to you I know the 10 gal might not be big enough.. but was thinking of maybe using an external pump that would game me 5 more inches of fuge space

that would work..as long as you made the skimmer chamber 10" the width of the tank and atleast 11.5" long then you wont have any issues placing it in there and having it fit properly..its a tight fit though

that would work..as long as you made the skimmer chamber 10" the width of the tank and atleast 11.5" long then you wont have any issues placing it in there and having it fit properly..its a tight fit though

Your sump is a 15 Gal right? what are the measurements of your skimmer section?

ok now I am confused they show the foot print as 6.7" x 10.6", which means if yours is 12x12 you should be able to spin it around in there, but the pics make it look a little tight. Also your sump is a 15gal right? So it would be 24" long so that would mean half the tank would be the skimmer section.

I take that back..my skimmer area is 10x12

yes its a 15 so 24" long

i have a 8.5" fuge area and a 5" return area and a little space for the bubble trap.

I bet you are thinking, if this guy asks one more question I am just gonna make a sump and mail it to him :)

BTW I ordered a BM100.. I know its is way more than what I need, but all the small skimmers seem to be lacking in ability, when they really should be more.

I bet you are thinking, if this guy asks one more question I am just gonna make a sump and mail it to him :)

BTW I ordered a BM100.. I know its is way more than what I need, but all the small skimmers seem to be lacking in ability, when they really should be more.

cant beat the price either

Archived