Coral Vue Hydros

Hairy Crab? Gorilla Crab?

brahm

A while back I bought 3 red crabs, and one of them looked a little diffrent it was kinda bluish and i think it might have had some hairs (very few then) but lfs/myself figured it was just a little off colour because the rest of it looked like the red crabs (even claws on both hands) ect.. It w/my red crabs had disapeared into the tank a week or so after placing them in (with the exception of one whom stood on the peak of LR as if it were the king, but since I added more LR that crab disappeared to) and up until now randomy I will see little crab legs floating around. Figuring by now they were all gone/dead.. when last nite as i was turning off the lights I saw what at first looked like some sort of spider (tranchula legs) coming out of a little cave in some LR. It was dark and i couldn't see well. So I grabbed a flashlite not wanting to turn on the powercompact and make everything in the tank think the Sun is flickering on and off. What I saw looked like one of the red crabs i got (like a mini version of the crabs you eat) but VERY VERY Hairy, and brown with even claws (80% sure). It is about an 1 1/2 long, maybe a 1/2" wide. It was VERY skittish although it came out of a rock right by my anemone+clownfish which was making me a little be nervous. After shinning the flash light on it for a min or so, trying to figure out what it is It took off back into the cave, and I haven't been able to find it again.. I haven't had any missing fish.. or Outstanding amounts of crabs/snails that i can't find (although i have alot of caves in my tank so stuff is able to hide for a day or two without me be able to account for it)..

Should I start hunting for it? Or leave it be?

I saw that last nite while looking through the site. I don't recall it being white or having any pink spots.. I think it was all brown. Althouhg it was hard to see through all the hair,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived