ReefCleaners.org

nano cube 12 nozzle

chlorinesmoothie

chlorinesmoothie

I just got a second hand nano cube 12 and the nozzle is missing. I am wondering what I can put on there instead of the jbj replacement parts. Can I use 1/2 ball socket jointa or would I need to put a bulkhead in there or can I use a hydor flow I am trying to use just the return with a mj900 and not get another power head in the tank.

I cut the nozzle out of my NC 24 and added a bulkhead then I liked it so I added another on the other side and plumbed it to a MJ 1200

nice is that all you have in there if so have you noticed and dead spots?

I had a lot of LR in there, but I took a lot of it out so know there aren't really any dead spots. I'm probably going to get a Koralia Nano though.

In an 12gal you don't want to put in a pump with any higher wattage than a maxi-jet 900. Anything higher (mj-1200, etc) will raise the temp of your water. You can use the Hydor-flo attachment, but it will decrease the flow output of your main nozzle so an auxillary powerhead (Koralia Nano or 1) is suggested. That is what i have done and it's worked out nicely for 3 years now.

Timely thread for me . I just got a hydor flow for my 12g NC last night in short it sucks. I thought it was an ingenious little device with all the gears and all, but it reduces the force of the water a lot. I needed to get at a dead corner and increase the flow in my tank. I stuck an old power head I had in there to increase flow for now. (it is actually too strong) Now I'm thinking MJ 900 with locline and multi directional flow or one arm with the hydor (it might work better with a stronger pump)

chlorinesmoothie

Ouch just ordered it lol oh well I will put it in my biocube and go with locline for the nano 12 I am curious what size locline to use I measured it and it was 3/4 but that seems a little big to me

you got it I ordered it from Foster and Smith so it should be here in a few days will keep you posted

I'm using the MJ900 with the Hydor in my JBJ 6G. Works well, and I didn't notice any unwarranted temp increase. I've also got Koralia Nano in there (I'm an advocate of mucho flow-no dead spots).

In ref to temps, I'm fixing to DIY a 70W MH into the 6G's hood, so I'll be running a chiller on a separate 85GPH pump/powerhead. I've got everything to do it except the time...I'm kinda short on that. (No hijack intended, and my apologies.)

chlorinesmoothie

so finally got the Hydor flow and my mj900 burnt out so had to use it on a 600. Not to impressed with it on a 600 not to mention it will not stay in place on my nano cube 12 keeps popping off. So I took it out and put in my biocube with a 900 jury is still out. I might just throw it in my frag tank.

so finally got the Hydor flow and my mj900 burnt out so had to use it on a 600. Not to impressed with it on a 600 not to mention it will not stay in place on my nano cube 12 keeps popping off. So I took it out and put in my biocube with a 900 jury is still out. I might just throw it in my frag tank.

Has the jury returned with a verdict?

had the same problem with the popping off... a dab of super glue works wonders. Like i said, it does decrease the flow but nothing an extra powerhead won't help. It's not that expensive of a piece so not a big loss either way lol.

Wow 70w in a 6 thats awesosme

*LOL* It will be, if A.) I get off my dead keister and start the project, and B.) it works. We'll see. :P

Archived