ReefCleaners.org

People with Yellow Watchman Gobies

Aggie05

How often do you actaully see them. I really like these fish but I have always heard that they hardly ever come out. It would be in a tank with 2 firefish, a black and white saddleback clown, and some shrimp. It will also be the last fish added. Do you think I would ever see him?

I see my yellow watchman about once a week. Beautiful fish, but if it's out when we walk in the room, it zips back into it's cave in the back of the LR. If I look just at the right angle into the back right corner of the tank (not an easy thing to do I assure you) I can see him, so I know he's still with us. Dang fish.

I have a pistol shrimp that used to come out all the time because it "paired up" with a clown. But the clown carpet surfed, so I rarely see the shrimp any more.

I'm thinking of getting this goby to pair up with my pistol shrimp but I have a open top tank.

How many of you have this goby with an open top tank?

My yellow watchman goby is stunningly beautiful... deep intense yellow with blue dots that shine under the lights... however... I see him/her about once a week while venturing out from the sandbed under a rock to eat...

If I had to do it again... I would not have bought one for my 12 gallon tank. I have actually considered trading it in for a royal gamma or a yellow clown goby... but I dont think I could catch it without removing the rocks.

Pretty but rarely seen and its producing bio load....

I must have gotten lucky b/c mine is always out. He paired with my pistol in about 2 days. Like said above he is a pig when I feed the tank.

Dave Scheiner

Mine doesn't come out till I enter the room. He spies on me! I know he does. If I turn and look directly at him, he backs up about 1/4 inch but continues to stare at me. When I turn to leave, he sticks his tongue out at me. Don't ask me how I know, I just know he does.

mine does the same thing. he watches me all the time. : usually he's out quite a lot but in the past few weeks i've redone the rock work and added more rock, as well as a scooter blennie so he was in hidding until this afternoon. he's back out righ in front of the tank hanging out outside his hole. i was very careful not to move his rock becuase i didn't want him to dig a new hole at the back of the tank as he has done this before. if your not seeing you watchman you might check to see if his hang out is at the back of the tank.

Archived