Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Rock Fall -- Acro hurt

rayd8s

Hi all. Well, I woke up this morning to find a large piece of rock had fallen from the top directly on a medium sized Acro frag. About a quarter of the Acro broke clean and a few smaller pieces were found on the sand.

Will this die? I took the larger piece and placed on another rock -- hoping against hope that maybe I'll get two Acro's going. What should I watch out for?

Water params : am 0, trites 0, trates close to 0, calcium on low side at 340 but dosing small amounts per week to bring it up, temp 78-80, sg 1.024.

Other inhabitants: Green star, 2 small colonies zoo's, green buttons, purple plate, condy anenome, button coral, pulsing zenia, frogspawn, 1 hermit, 6 atrea snails and 1 Green Chromis.

Thanks

You can try fragging these pieces. Glue them to some rubble and see how they do. Generally frags need to be at least one inch in length to stand a good chance of survival. Try propagating all of your new frags. What have you got to lose?

I'll have to get some glue. The large piece that broke has 3 branches, the others were just tiny pieces of the top. Should I do anything at the point where it broke - it's just exposed skeleton?

Your right, nothing to lose by trying. Hah! My first propagation attempt!

Thanks

Archived