Coral Vue Hydros

any reviews on this skimmer?

flipmodetank

those skimmer are available locally to me and ive seen the BM QQ in action. it does make pretty decent skimmate and on local forums they got a pretty good review. you might get some micro bubble floating out the bottom tho

nano euro reef

Euro reef makes one that looks a lot like it. You will want to be careful getting one like that because the water level has to be correct in the tank or sump because that will also determine the water level in the skimmer. the people at euro reef, if you got on would talk to you about that to make the bracket that holds the skimmer the right hight and perform at its best

nano euro reef

Euro reef makes one that looks a lot like it. You will want to be careful getting one like that because the water level has to be correct in the tank or sump because that will also determine the water level in the skimmer. the people at euro reef, if you got on would talk to you about that to make the bracket that holds the skimmer the right hight and perform at its best

Just a heads up for you folks...there is NO generic nano skimmer which will work for any nano tank.

Only those skimmers designed specifically for a particular tank will deliver the performance you expect for the money you spend.

We have spent 1.5 years designing nano skimmers of all sizes only to realize that the best foam making technology means nothing when the tank parameters do no match the skimmer design and vice versa.

So we decided to take a step back and design skimmers for every specific tank and the way the customer uses the tank i.e some get rid of the original top...this allows a taller skimmer which will function more efficient, some do not ...this means a shorter body and to make it work, we design the alloy mesh wheel impeller to function in the shorter body etc. Our technology allows us to do this.

Once a skimmer is proven to work for a particular tank, it becomes a "generic" skimmer for that particular tank and the way the tank is used.

For the Solana for example, we now have two "generic" skimmers and we are working on a third.

Our intent is to end up making the right skimmers for the most popular tanks in use as requested by the hobbyists...this takes time but it will be done.

Where it makes sense, the customer can buy our skimmer pump to greatly improve the performance of their existing skimmers...this saves money which can be spend on more animals.

Hope this helps in spending your money wiseley!

We will do our best to help you folks... we have been hobbyists for 18 years.

Regards,

nanoskim

Shoot Me_I Explode

I have one of the BM 100 on a 40 breeder with 20 sump. It has been running for three weeks now and I love it. My bio-load is extremely light at the moment, just one clownfish but it is pulling a light to medium brow wet skim from the tank. I really love how small of a footprint it has, 6”x10” and the fact you twist the adjustable pipe to control the level inside the skimmer. No raiser tube to move up and down and no space hog ball valve to deal with. Overall I am very happy with it plus I bought it local from Reef Science, got to support the local guy.

Archived