Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bioload:How many fish survey

Integracer

I picked up a scooter blenny today along with en emerald crab and added them to my ten gallon. I am curious what sort of fish loads you guys keep in your tanks. I currently have a small 6 line wrasse, the scooter, and a watchman goby. This seems like too many fish! I think I might bring the goby into my LFS tomarrow but I wanted to get some opinions. Also, I have a cleaner shrimp, brittle star, and some hermits. Do inverts and crabs add to the bioload on the tank to the same degree as a fish? Thanks for the input!

This is too vague for me... What about the Infamous Yellow Tang... One of those wouldnt work in any of those tanks unless it was new born and had a much bigger home to go to later...

You should have given specific examples, like Clowns, or whatever. This question is too hard to answer with out specifics...

scooter, goby and a 6-line. interesting combination...

for the 10 gal you are pretty much done here. do you mind if I ask why you choose these particular fish though? for the 10 gal the goby and the scooter will be in severe competition for food. if the 6 line ever lets any hit the floor

The six line was added after the goby and pretty much stays out of his way. The goby goes for larger pieces of food on the surface, the six line gets the smaller peices that start to sink. The scooter gets what falls past them both. Also, I have tons of pods for them all to snack on. The goby has gotten quite big though. I'd say he is 3 inches long and seems to big for the tank. I am thinking I should trade him for something smaller if anything.

Archived