Coral Vue Hydros

Hydor Koralia setup questions for standard 20g nano tank

angiefish

Hi - I swore I wouldn't venture back to this hobby due to expense, but here I am cycling my old 20g truvu tank and getting all the goods together for a new nano-reef setup :)

So I hear many speak highly of the Hydor Koralia power heads to improve flow. so a few questions:

1.) I've heard some say the flow might be too strong with the Koralia 1 in a 20g tank, and running 2 Koralia Nanos would be more beneficial. What do you guys recommend?

2.) Pump placement. How should I place the pumps to create the best, most beneficial flow? I currently just have a Penguin 200 HOB filter running, which gives decent surface flow, but I'm guessing it is not enough..?

3.) The last and most silly question is why do people like these pumps so much over regular powerheads?

Any other tips/info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

FishOnTheBrainCoral

1.) I Have a 28g and I have two K-1's. I personally don't think that its too much. (Is there such a thing as too much flow or light? :D )

2.) I Have both of mine high on the middle of the back glass pointing out and down to the corners. and I havent found a dead spot yet, but i have a fuge on one side and a filter on the other.

3.)I had a regular powerhead before and I like these better cause the its a much more broad stream. It doesn't feel near as strong as you would think it would be because of that, but they are kicking out quit a bit

I had 2 K1 in my 20H and I thought it was just right

god high flow higher up for sps and towards the bottom good for zoas and lps with lower flow

The nanos are really light flow. They work better as a supplement in my set-up. Go for the 1's if using them as a primary. j.m.h.o.

Archived