Innovative Marine Aquariums

SPS under pc

ELGORDOINAVW

ELGORDOINAVW

i was told some sps will do good under pc lighting, if so what type and can some one post pics? ok here are the specs:

45 gal aga

2x96 watts 1-6700k, 1-7100k blue

1x55 watt 50/50

and all the other goodies, 18 gal sump w/ dsb, 2 maxijet mp900,

rio 2100 return pump, 2 penguin 550, 1/2" of sand in main tank

should i use a protien skimmer? i own one now but am thinking of going skimmerless. what do you think? only inhabitants will be:

2 cleaner shrimp

several hermits

2 turbo snails

3-4 watchman gobies

1-2 citron gobies

i'm trying to keep a small bio load.

• 3 weeks later...

Mostly Brown Acros and Brown Caps will do perfect under Power Compact Lighting. Although you can get nice greens and even red/orange caps out of 2x96 watt pc. If your tank is tall then you might just need to boost your lighting up to a MH. Acros live in a range of 3 -20 feet of light in the ocean. They do love it bright!

Check out www.UnbeReefable.com

Nano-Reef.com Math!

UnbeReefable = board spammer

Spammers = suck

CONCLUSION

UnbeReefable = suck

El Gordo, I have had great success with Green Montipora under a 32watt PC. If you check out Nano Photos on my website (that Im not selling anything on), and search for monti, you will see a photo history of our Monti since we received it months ago. Oh wait never mind, I forgot I created an image that shows it.... Here you go.

montigrowth.jpg

Gil

Samster, do you have any recent pics of your sps? How is the growth going on it? I may try a bali green slimer frag one day, but I am still a little leary under the medium light I am running. I may end up just sticking with Montis. They have a neat pink one at our LFS that I have had my eye on........

Thanks,

Gil

I just got a species of acro in my 20L under 2x65 PC's. I am hoping it will branch out. After reading this thread, I have hope.

What type of flow do these corals like?

I keep all my acros (all 3 of them!) in fairly high flow - seems to help polyp extension on the ones I have (yongei, millepora and I think A.nana). I bet you could get away with hydnophora under pcs too - I have had it grow well under VHOs at about 10" under the lamps.

RIGggHT now..i am going to attempt this insane act of using my $400 Canon S400 sjhtofo my acro (YES I KNOW, IT'S A MAINSTREAM POINT AND CLICK, but i figurted i even hobbysist photofogrtpahers nneed twooo cameras ..a nice manual with all the bells and whistels and a nice sml minituare poiint and click cor everyday use....can u imagine bringing your EOS canon to evry ewhere u go?? no...so i needed bto buy the small miniiaturemainstream point and lcick before the good one...) anywy where was ai

o yea, guys, i'm drunk...all the guiys that weren';t married decided to have a night out in spite of our best firend getting married (hence bachelor party...see thread in Makeshift lounge regarding my bachelor bparyt for the DUDE)

OKOKOKOK

the point id GIl.....here sia pic i am trying to make while DRUNK...

my acroipora started berachning a fw months ago.

but its now starting to TAKE OVer the GODDAMN EPOXY pplug that it came in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the branching startedt to op crawl allll over the goddamn plug that teh plug came in ..m

here look at the base of the acro..(that is if i acouflfff take a food picture ..)

its no flash

look

okokOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOOKOKOK

im drunk ..

that was the twrongf pic.

can i show u guys tomoorow?

i can't clicj this ###### too well...

(kekekeke..eeever herd of a BLOW JOB? lmkmokok.ever heard of a ROAD JOB?????okokok..NOW ,,,enivisiooon a FORUN POSTING-JOB...myu girtelferid.

AH!Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

?

]

icant post ###### girht now.,

lol tomorrow will be good samster hahahaha. no more drunk posting for you. you slur when you type even! hahahaha. 2funny. anyhow the acro still has great color and it's definitely gotten a bit larger since last pic. very cool.

Gil

Originally posted by Gilman

lol tomorrow will be good samster hahahaha. no more drunk posting for you. you slur when you type ev-0

Gil

cirsdt'

u ==

is not smutrring

i see tei gggoddam nkeyboarfd!

i sear to god i wall post good pcis tokmroww.

I HTE THIS THIST

NUBMER IN!!!!!!!!!!mY GIRLFRIEND HATESS ME RIUGHT NIW

NUMBER @!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I C TWO KEYGBORADSD SSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

no yu fond;t

NOI.u dint'

NO u dont'

2 bottel s remy DXO

1 bottle tequla cuervfo

and numberous beers bfore and shots i don't rememver.

(()4 guys)

PLUSI:::: ouyr girlfriend ish honry .

but u are fdrunk....

THAT SUSKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

personally i think it's more of a water chemistry issue than a light issue with SPS. i have several different colors in my 30 gallon tank. they were originally under a 55 watt and 32 watt PC, then i upped the light to a 96 quad and a 55, no change in color or growth, but when i moved the aquarium to college and made it bigger BOOM, growth doubled and one of the acros turned neon blue-purple with brown and white polyps.

Archived