SaltCritters.com

chiller setup

H&Wnano

So we just put in our chiller - Aqua Eruo USA 1/10 hp. Seems to be working great. Keeps our 24 gal at a perfect 78 without even running the chiller yet and it was running at 81 before. Apparently the heater has a crappy sensor...

We cut into the hood of our nanocube and threaded the piping and tubes :

HPIM2868.jpg

HPIM2864.jpg

This is our final equipment add so now we get to concentrate on our corals since its a nice stable system now.

i wouldnt rely on the heaters sensor to determine the temperature of your tank. they are HIGHLY inaccurate. i would disregard the #s on the heater and adjust the heater according with a thermometer till the desired tank temp is set.

we replaced the stock pump with a rio1700. it fits well in the compartment without having to cut out the chamber sides and its not all that loud...

we replaced the stock pump with a rio1700. it fits well in the compartment without having to cut out the chamber sides and its not all that loud...

How did you decide on this chiller? I am putting together a BC29 with a closed top and know I will need one. I want one with a small footprint if possible. I am attempting to have a very clean design.

Rusty

How did you decide on this chiller? I am putting together a BC29 with a closed top and know I will need one. I want one with a small footprint if possible. I am attempting to have a very clean design.

Rusty

Hey Rusty -

We went with this one for a few reasons - the design is nice, it is mostly black and has an easy pull off front to clean out the air grill so it matched well with the black hood and stand for our tank (24 nanocube). The second reason was we really wanted it to have dual temperature control, which bumped out a lot of the cheaper versions of chillers - this gives WAY better stability. The footprint is fairly compact I would say considering the sizes that the large ones can be. It hasn't actually kicked on yet, so I can't tell you anything about the noise level. So those things were all factors in narrowing down our search. When it came down to the final decision it was price - this one we got for the best price. We've no problems with it thus far and are happy with the stability that it provides the tank.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Hey Rusty -

We went with this one for a few reasons - the design is nice, it is mostly black and has an easy pull off front to clean out the air grill so it matched well with the black hood and stand for our tank (24 nanocube). The second reason was we really wanted it to have dual temperature control, which bumped out a lot of the cheaper versions of chillers - this gives WAY better stability. The footprint is fairly compact I would say considering the sizes that the large ones can be. It hasn't actually kicked on yet, so I can't tell you anything about the noise level. So those things were all factors in narrowing down our search. When it came down to the final decision it was price - this one we got for the best price. We've no problems with it thus far and are happy with the stability that it provides the tank.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

It does. Thank you.. Do you have the footprint measurements? or provide a link from where you purchased?

It does. Thank you.. Do you have the footprint measurements? or provide a link from where you purchased?

ebay

Archived