Pod Your Reef

What setup would you do if you had a eclipse 12

knobber

Which is the best way to set up a eclipse 12? How would you set it up. What kind of different equipment would you use? Would you use athe biowheel or not. Would you use the carbon filter cartrige or is it not a good idea to use it in this system? Thanks

For my Eclipse System 12 I used 2-32w CSL light strips, 75w heater, maxi-jet 400, and the existing filter solely for circulation and surface movement. I will throw in some carbon once in awhile to clear things up but don't use it all the time. Don't even use the bio wheel since it's known to be a huge nitrate factory.

I have about 15lbs of marshall island LR in it and about 35-40lbs of sand in it.

Systems been up and running great for a few months now.

Good luck

thanks heero for sharing your tank setup with me. i ordered a Eclipse system 12 from big als online and I should be getting it in a few days.

Joxer the Mighty

heero's setup sounds a lot like mine except that I only have one 32w. If you can, by all means get the two 32w.

the two thirty-two watt light is  the one I was thinking of getting. My eclipse tank comes in the mail tomarrow so im probally going to odrer the rest of the stuff I need setup up my tank either today or tomarrow. I can't wait.

The custom sea life supernova fits perfectly in the system 12. Get a pump for moving around the water, and ditch the filter and bio- wheel, but use their pump setup to move water, and as a sump if you ever need to. I had an algae problem at first, but I used the phospher balls, wrapped them in a nylon, and set them in the sump. Worked great.

• 1 month later...

Archived