Innovative Marine Aquariums

Negative of having a RO but not an DI

gurnie

I haven't purchased the RO yet, but would it be wise to purchase a RO first, test it for TDS and then decide wither i need a DI?

I am in the market for one of the petsmart RO systems a lot of you got at a good price. I just want to do some quick research before purchasing

Well i gues i mean ask you guys for research.... :D

well, i would get the ro/di unit. Are you on city water or well water? The RO membrane and DI resin are what reduces tds in the water. the sediment and carbon block filter help to reduce the sediment going into the RO membrane.

Remember that most RO systems you get 1gal of ro water to 3 gals of waste water.

My water bill is included in my general utilities bill (sweeet). although i don't advocate the waste of water. I live in a condo and i live in a city of about 60,000.

I only have a 36g tank so i don't need a huge unit. Do you mind recommending me a unit?

My water bill is included in my general utilities bill (sweeet). although i don't advocate the waste of water. I live in a condo and i live in a city of about 60,000.

I only have a 36g tank so i don't need a huge unit. Do you mind recommending me a unit?

>THIS ONE<

I've been very pleased with this unit.

I have a dual TDS meter I have one end attached to the water coming out of the Membrane and the other end hooked up after the DI unit . I do that so I know when the membrane is going bad and when the DI resin is going bad. You could get by without a DI but it all depends on your water quality going in. I have well water not sure how bad it is but we treat it with water softeners, anyways my meter only reads 2ppm TDS coming out of the membrane and my DI filters that to zero. So really I could get by with just a 3 stage RO unit if I wanted to. I like having a reading of 0 TDS which is what you want really, but anything from 0-10 is acceptable.

Archived