ReefCleaners.org

Heaters on SALE!

TriggerHappyDude

Buying a heater for my Solana 34 Gallon Tank  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which heaters have you heard/had the best luck with?

• Jager
    • Stealth
    • Rena
    • ViaAqua Titanium
    • Hydor Theo

TriggerHappyDude
They are 25% off?

Also: I didn't vote, because I prefer both stealth and ebo's.

I don't think ebo's make the Jager anymore?

TriggerHappyDude

Ok, so should I get the one who's wattage is closest to my tank gallon size, or just get the 250w for a quicker heat?

Ok, so should I get the one who's wattage is closest to my tank gallon size, or just get the 250w for a quicker heat?

my max is 34 gal and i run a 150 it keeps my temp at 81 till the lights tern on then it goes to 81.3

but i supose 250 wouldent hurt

TriggerHappyDude
my max is 34 gal and i run a 150 it keeps my temp at 81 till the lights tern on then it goes to 81.3

but i supose 250 wouldent hurt

Its just $2.30 more and if I ever do, and probably will, upgrade the tank to 75 gallons or more, I'll have a heater for the upgrade already! Its 15" long, which will fit in the back of my Solana that is 20" deep.

I'm assuming most people have 2 heaters and 2 thermometers for tank/water change kit?

TriggerHappyDude

Looks like the Stealth is the winner, here is what I'm getting this round:

Glass Only Mag-Float® Medium $9.69

Stealth Heater 200W $19.49

Stealth Heater 250W $20.39

Thermometer 2-1/4" x 1-1/2" $5.89

Pinpoint Wireless Thermometer 2-3/4" x 5"; w/one sensor $36.99

TriggerHappyDude

Does the Stealth have a min water line level it needs to be submersed in?

I bought the 200w and 250w for my water changes and tank, and I think the spot in my Solana tank where the heater goes is only like 13" deep, and the 200w is 13 3/4" long and the 250w is 15" long.

I might have gotten too much heater?

TriggerHappyDude
yes they do. I think you should be fine though evaporation might be a problem. Can you night angle the heater?

I don't know what you mean, "night angle"? The spot for the heater in the back of the Solana isn't very big, I'm not sure I can angle it any bit at all?

I went ahead and bought 2 100w heaters afterwards, so I can return the other two, seems I might have gone over board with those and this size of tank.

2 100w Stealths would do fine for a Solana and my water changes/mixes? Right...?

I'll try the all out in the dry tank, and see which ones I want to keep.

yes they do. I think you should be fine though evaporation might be a problem. Can you angle the heater?

No idea why I said "night" That made no sense to me either. Sorry about that.

Angle the heater. The heater can work in almost any position and angling it will make it shorter in overall height.

Oh and I would have kept the higher wattage heater for water changes though. Heating faster is always a plus.

TriggerHappyDude
No idea why I said "night" That made no sense to me either. Sorry about that.

Angle the heater. The heater can work in almost any position and angling it will make it shorter in overall height.

Oh and I would have kept the higher wattage heater for water changes though. Heating faster is always a plus.

Well, I'll have 4 to choose from, a (2) 100w and (1) 200w and (1) 250w, so I'll just see what I like best.

Archived