Top Shelf Aquatics

Is this good or bad?

vikSter

Can anyone give me an idea what this is? I found a few of them in my tank and I'm wondering if they should stay or go. It will suck it's 'legs' in when it's disturbed. And they travel a little bit but tend to stay pretty much in the same area. To put it to scale, the round 'body' part of it is about 1/8 of an inch in diameter. Any help would be much appreciated.

I guess I came to the wrong site. I am fairly new to this hobby and I was thinking that I could benefit from asking more experienced people. And to answer your question, MarLooney, yes I did research this. I looked for over a week and could not ID this life form. That is why I asked for help from someone more experienced.

And thank you NaNo for letting me know that it is bad.

sorry if i came off a lil harsh... but you won't believe how many people ask to ID bristleworms and aiptasia! there are about 3 or 4 glass anemone threads on the 1st page of this forum alone. in any event... peep this site out. i found it helped a lot when i first started out.

MarLooney, thank you for your help. I am reading all that I have time to from the site you posted. I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot. I really do try to research all that I can. Sometimes it seems like I could spend every waking hour trying to learn more about this hobby, and still never know all that I want to. I looked at over 30 pictures of aptasia through this site and fishindex.com. And I swear all 30 looked different. That is why I couldn't make a possitive ID. Thank you for the help.

ViK

Archived