Cultivated Reef

i can only afford a oceanic biocube protein skimmer

asmedeas

Clearer? Maybe - but carbon or someting like chemi pure with filter floss would probably polish your water pretty well.

Help at all - if you can get it dialed in right - it's better then nothing. IMO.

Clearer? Maybe - but carbon or someting like chemi pure with filter floss would probably polish your water pretty well.

Help at all - if you can get it dialed in right - it's better then nothing. IMO.

i already tried that and still water has this bubble looking things in the water aswell as litlle white specs

+1 .. I have not heard good things about the biocube protein skimmers, basically not worth the money and they don't work very well. I have a 14G biocube and have started using chemi-pure elite under my filter floss in chamber 2 with great results.

+1 to carbon, chemi pure & filter floss.

-10000 on skimmer better than nothing.

regular water changes would be better.

If you really want a skimmer, save and buy something better. Dont skimp on skimmers

why did you make 2 topics to talk about the same thing?

you should use that money to do a few other options to help.

ac 70 fuge mod with cheato

the above stated chemi-pure + filter floss combo

water changes

more flow could help?

less time spent with the lights on?

a DIY skimmer with an airstone is about equal if not better than the skimmer your looking at

and the diy skimmer would cost ALOT less

why did you make 2 topics to talk about the same thing?

you should use that money to do a few other options to help.

ac 70 fuge mod with cheato

the above stated chemi-pure + filter floss combo

water changes

more flow could help?

less time spent with the lights on?

a DIY skimmer with an airstone is about equal if not better than the skimmer your looking at

and the diy skimmer would cost ALOT less

thanks kevin.

what kind of problem are you having with your tank? i saw the post you made about it crashing, but whats the status on it now?

well my im getting it to recover ima just let it run for bout six weeks doing biweekly water changes to get it reestablished and all i just dont know what protein skimmer to but i dont mind spending it on something under 100 bucks

well my im getting it to recover ima just let it run for bout six weeks doing biweekly water changes to get it reestablished and all i just dont know what protein skimmer to but i dont mind spending it on something under 100 bucks

I don't know what happen to your tank or which Biocube you own... but maybe for 100 buxs you can get a used Sapphire ones ...

There is a new vers. BC14 Sapphire for $105.95:

http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php...products_id=357

Or if yours is a BC29... I would strongly suggest save up for another couple months and get the BC29 vers. for $169.95 ....

Don't waste your money on anything that not going to be useful in the future....

If yours is a BC29 and you are tight on cash... just rely on weekly water changes... and don't over stock or over feed your tank...until you save up the extra 70 buxs....Just resist on buying that extra couple pieces of corals or fish..and there is your 70 dollars right there.... Just think... of the long run that you have a very good skimmer that can keep your investments in good health.. :)

Archived