ReefCleaners.org

Just got my new Elos Mini Up & Running

tasandkrs

I took down my 200g mixed reef a few years ago and decided to start another tank. I decided on the Elos Mini and I gotta say that this is one amazing AIO setup. It couldn't have been any easier. Here are some pics so far of my progress.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Day 1 added water

web.jpg

web.jpg

Day 2! 18 hrs after setup....

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Thank you!

I plan on putting SPS & Zoos. I've ordered a reefkeeper lite & Elos osmocontroller. I'm still waiting on them to arrive.

Now the long wait for cycling!!!!!!

The more I see these tanks the more I like em, the more I want one, to bad they love charging massive amounts for them in Aus....

I dig the scape, keep up the good work!

You should definitely consider getting one. I do think that it is worth the extra $$. I have seen most other AIO nano tanks out there, and IMHO I don't think anything else is close in quality or appearance.

Here are a couple more photos from this morning. The water looks a little clearer today.

web.jpg

Close up shot of the rock

web.jpg

Overhead shot from left

web.jpg

Overhead shot from right

web.jpg

The more I see these tanks the more I like em, the more I want one, to bad they love charging massive amounts for them in Aus....

I dig the scape, keep up the good work!

It's not just Australia where they are extremely expensive... They are crazy high here in the US as well... I have found them on ebay for $1500 USD with the LED light... I guess when you really think about it that's really not that bed for a tank, stand, sump, skimmer, pumps, and a light... Oh wait I guess it is if the tank is only 20 gallons... Don't get me wrong... I'd love on as well....

It's not just Australia where they are extremely expensive... They are crazy high here in the US as well... I have found them on ebay for $1500 USD with the LED light... I guess when you really think about it that's really not that bed for a tank, stand, sump, skimmer, pumps, and a light... Oh wait I guess it is if the tank is only 20 gallons... Don't get me wrong... I'd love on as well....

I agree it is very expensive, but it's not just the amount of equipment that justifies the cost, it's also the quality. And if you've never seen an Elos tank of any size than you can't relate.

Here is an updated pic. I have now done two water changes of 4 gallons each. My nitrates were at 25 now at 5. I am getting some algae growth, so one more water change tomorrow and I'm gonna add a CUC on Thurs.

web.jpg

I added a CUC yesterday.

I cannot seem to get rid of the microbubbles. What can I do???

8 snails

2 scarlet hermits

1 sexy shrimp

Scarlet Hermit

web.jpg

Sexy Shrimp

web.jpg

MicroBubbles!!!

web.jpg

Thanks Ando! Your tank is coming along very nice as well.

It is a 20gal Elos Mini.

Is that 20G w/ Sump, or just the display volume? If so, how big is the sump?

Stripe

Yeah, they are coming from the return.

My guess...water isn't getting to the return pump fast enough and it sucking some air. Is there anything blocking flow through the filtration chambers?

• 1 month later...

Thanks Guys! Yes, I am planning on adding a lot more corals. I just haven't decided what I wanna add yet. Sps and Lps mostly I think.

Archived