ReefCleaners.org

Which Skimmer to Buy?

korth659

Im currently in the process of collecting things for a 20G Long display, with a 10G sump. Any suggestions on which skimmer to get under $150. Anything will help.

my euro reef was the mid size one and with shipping it was 153. And I might be a little old school but i dont think you can go wrong with a auro reef skimmer. Never even herd anything bad about them and this is my second one

You really should take a look at the euro reef skimmers the quality is going to be very had to top. Also try looking up in google problems people have with the euro reef.....you wont find much..I did find one problem some one had

"I am running a Euroreef skimmer in my new 240 gallon fish tank and it is located in our front room. As it collects skimmate throughout the day the front room of our house begins to smell bad. I empty the cup in the morning, but by the time I get home from work it is rather smelly in the front room. Do you have any suggestions on reducing the odor? Perhaps there is some sort of air filter I can put on the vent holes of the skimmers lid? Any help is greatly appreciated. "

I think thats a problem lots would like to have

how did you make a 15 gal from a 10 gal??

took my extra 15g in the basement..put some baffles in it...Pulled the 10g out from under the tank..slide the 15g in place..PRESTO... :P

bubble magus will not fit in a 10g sump. I had to make a 15g from my 10g sump to fit my bubble magus bm100

I think that would depend on what else you have in your sump, right?

I think that would depend on what else you have in your sump, right?

you would have to make the one section 10x11.5" min to get it to fit in there right..and have it about 8" water height in that chamber..but with that much space taken up in a 10 there will be VERY small area for a fuge and return pump...lookin at 5" for fuge and 5" for return area

Archived