inTank Media Baskets

Mr. Grinch's 20H

Mr. Grinch

Looks nice! you know, my leather is a pain in the butt too. It's so touchy, and it doesn't help that my cleaner shrimp loves to molest everything in my tank every ten minutes :lol: I feel your leather pains :)

Looks nice! you know, my leather is a pain in the butt too. It's so touchy, and it doesn't help that my cleaner shrimp loves to molest everything in my tank every ten minutes :lol: I feel your leather pains :)

:lol: thats my hermits and my zoas.

:lol: Are aquascapes look a lot alike!!! The fuge Looks awesome!!!!

Hey thanks! :) I like your huge conch a lot! :lol:

I love those pink/red zoas you got there!

Thanks! Those are some of my favorites right now. The other is the pink ring and purple blue ones but there were only 2 polyps open and even in the store. But for 6 bucks I thought I could wait it out. Only 2 are open and the crab got covered in hermits but those 2 look awesome! Just hard to get pics

Manassas,Near DC. Do you go to Reef Chief? DELICIOUS!

:lol: No i haven't been there. I'm from San Diego but I was visiting. I did go to a place called Fish Safari in Lynnhaven though

so I did a wc yesterday and my chaeto didn't look so hot in some places. This is expected though because the container I had it in for a while didn't allow for much flow. So I shook out the sickly bits in the water change water and put it back in. Hopefully it will stay healthy. I also took out the carbon because I believe it was restricting flow. I'll probably replace it with some chemipure as it is smaller.

• 3 months later...

things really got out of hand (i got fed up with the algae and poor filtration) so now i have a new system which is a shallow 11 gallon total volume AIO style tank. the only inhabitants are the fish and some angry mushrooms and hermit crabs. I plan to let it mature Awhile before i start adding stuff.i set this up probably 5 weeks ago and it works really well. The only filtration is the rock and the protein skimmer.It seems to keep the tank clean. The sand i used seems to be silica based so i have a lot of diatoms im taking it out slowly and plan to add aragonite based substrate. not much yet but hopefully take two will be more successful! I have my fingers crossed as it seems that the only things I am good at taking care of are fish and hermit crabs -_-. I think a major problem i have is salinity changes attributed to evap. Hopefully i can work out an ATO. sorry I have not posted much because i have been busy with other things mostly.

Archived