Top Shelf Aquatics

Which is better?

evassj4

Ok, gotta ask...can someone please provide a URL or something to these 2x40watt PC bulbs. I hear of this every time people are talking about these new CSL moonlights, yet every time I look to their page or any other online retailer, they are just 2x32watt...what's goin on? Everyone is talkin bout these 40watt PC bulbs...yet I cant seem to find any...????

Definitely go for the 2x40w with moonlight. Not only will you have the option of dawn/dusk but you'll absolutely love the moonlight at night.

Yes the extra wattage would be nice, but so would the dawn/dusk feature. I personally don't really care about the moonlight all that much.

Has anyone had any heat problems with the 96 quad? I am worried that I might have to get a chiller with that.

Is it very tramatizing to the corals and such to not have the dawn/dusk?

Is the moonlight really that great?

That's funny...even though the marinedepot site lists that model as 2x40watts...the CSL site lists it as 2x32watts...what gives? Everywhere else I see is listed as 32watters, not to mention CSL seems to have always used/favored the 32watters in the past...not to mention...where can you get 40watt PC bulbs??? Nat as available as the 36watters. My personal choice on this would be to DIY a 3x36watt hood. this would provide more light, as well as flexibility. BTE, my cousin has the 96watt powerquad over his 10gallon. No A/C in that room on most days. He has raised the light up with the optional legs, but has not had any heat problems.

Both www.seaquestmarine.com and www.marineandreef.com say it is 2x40w along with many people on this board. Also you can get 40w replacement bulbs ant www.marineandreef.com. I don't think diy is an option for me since it would probably cost more doing that and probably wouldn't look as good. I think I'm just going to go with the 96w quad. I like the style of that better and the extra wattage with be nice too. Thanks everybody for your advice.

Archived