Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

12 gallon nano cube

ivanrm

ok i seen the 12g nano cube at my store, didn't have time to read

all it came with, they did have one on display and i liked the way

it looked, can some one give me more info on this tank and can the lighting be upgraded with the same top. right now i have

a 10 gallon with mushrooms 15p of l rock and 10p of l sand

also 2 purple fire fish. lighting is a 32 pc 50/50 at the time,

give me as much info on the nano cube before i get it.

its a jbj and imo they suck.....i wouldnt waste your moeny. so far i know of at least 3 of them that have had lighting problems....2 with broken hoods....and 2 with a faulty pump. a waste of money stick with your 10. but to answer your question yes you could fit a 2x32w kit in there or something similar.

I have a Jbj nano cube and I am quite pleased with its aesthetic qualities, more viewing area. It also is good for interesting aquascaping and light displacement. Its stock lighting is only 24watt 50/50 but I added an additional 13 watt 50/50. Up and running 2 and a half months no problem. Here is a pic.

static69static

HEY DRFUNK

Have u noticed a difference with the additional 13 watt light? I just ordered a 32 watt smartlite retro kit and plan on replacing hte stock lighting in mine with that, would add 8 watts, so I just wanted tos ee if you saw a big difference. I was planning on adding two 32 watts, but id ont' think they will fit, so if I don't see improvements with the single 32 watt, I might add the 24 stock back in with the 32.

the intensity of my new hellolights 13 watt 50/50 seems way more intense than the stock bulb

turning it on and off makes a considerable difference.

If you can keep both lights in there safely {not sure how}

would be best, but the 37 watts mine is putting out seemed to make me and the corals happy enough.

Archived