SaltCritters.com

Question about AQ 150

bneyman

OK, so I added my CSL 2x32W retro yesterday, removed the stock filter, and added a AQ150 with surface skimmer today. I'm not using the filter that came with it, I bought a media bag and mixed some phos-guard along with black diamond carbon and put it in the sump. Does this sound good? I didn't put the mechanical filter in, should I????

i am running a AC-150 with just carbon with no problems the only thing you have to worry about is the media your using becoming "biological" thats why you shouldnt use the sponge

I just found this out like a month ago and since running just carbon I dont have the ups and down as bad after a water change

I am gong to upgrade (probley to a AC200) and make it into a refugium and have live rock and macro alge along with the carbon

Im not sure about that phos-guard...

well hope this helps

-Matt

Thanks for the input, yea I'm using the phosguard because up until a couple weeks ago I was using tap water.:x I had a bad cyano outbreak, so I switched to RO/DI, changed my CC to dead fiji pink (seeded with some of the CC), bought a turkey baster, and used some chemi-clean to temporarily nuke it. So far so good, no more cyano.;) Do you run your carbon 24/7, or just use it to polish the water?

Well, so far I haven't added any corals as of yet, but plan to real soon. I just got the light upgrade needed to satisfy them! Also, from what my LFS tells me, (by the way, they are a bunch of morons!) the lettuce nudi doesn't eat corals, they are supposed to be "hair algae experts", and that's a quote from one of the employees. I don't think he'll last much longer in the aquarium anyways, as I've already had to rescue him twice from the intake strainer on my PH. He was lucky that I was at home!

Archived