Innovative Marine Aquariums

Clamp on fans...

plainrt

Im thinking of getting a clamp on fan for my breeder tank and just nc.Anyone have thoughts on any etc.Any info could add would be great Im not sure on what ones are decent and what ones not to get..........also not looking to spend arm and a leg lol

Cadlight ( www.cadlights.com ) has a nice looking fan (never tried it however). I have a JBJ C-Breeze hooked onto my tank. I would say its pretty decent. The thing is loud but it puts out a very good amount of air and I've kinda tuned out the white noise it makes by now anyways. My only complaint is there is alittle bit of limitation on how you can position it. However from what I've seen compared to other fans its quite flexible and is slim lined...depends on how you want to position it. I have it clamped onto the side of my cap so that it would fit between the tank the light and the cap. I'm planning on hooking another fan to my tank in order to get me through the summer months (just in case...I also plan on hooking that one to a thermostat so its not on constantly with the light). I think at that point I may go for the quiter cadlights fan but it wont be on all the time either.

You can look at the JBJ here:

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~cat...y~FILTACAF.html

walmart, kmart or dollar store cheapos will all work well imo

^^^this^^^

They are cheap but they are usually big and don't look like they belong on a tank either. Unless you get some sort of PC fan and drill your cap or something. Those can look nice that way.

I have the two fan Azoo unit that is made to clamp on the back of your tank. It works great and is very quiet (either that or my skimmer is soo loud, it drowns out the Azoo :). The Azoo dropped the temp by a couple of degrees in my 34 gal Solana. It also comes in a four fan unit for larger tanks.

Archived