Top Shelf Aquatics

review my set-up

neal90

The tank is a 20 tall using a 130 wat power compact not sure what bulbs yet. The only thing for a filter will be a skimmer. Its going to be between a euro-reef ns2.5.3lc or the octopus BH 1000. I had a long talk with the people at euro-reef and people there are great. Both skimmers are about the some price, But both have there plus and minuses. The euro-reef would have to be in the tank, but i think its a little better. The octopus would be out side the tank for the most part, so im not sure what skimmer ill be going for. The tank will have 3 small fish in it, lps soft corals and all the other little things like mushrooms and what not. Im open to any input.

Amerijuanican

PC lighting won't really give you adequate penetration (thats what she said...) on a 20T... go with a 150W MH... you won't regret it. The Viper 150W MH is a decent light for the price and I'm sure you can find one used if you look

i know pc are not the best but i got them for almost free and at 130w thats over 6w per gallon

o and i wont be trying to keep sps in the tank, So is MH really necessary for lps and soft corals. my last tank was a 72 and had VHO light dont remember the W but it kept all my lps and soft corals alive and growing. I just dont want to hag MH or keep them so close to the tank the i need a chiller..

Archived