inTank Media Baskets

My 29 gallon biocube

Nanobuds

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, i cant decide cuz i share this account with a friend. i am the one with the nano, so i will obviously say the nano. however, the nano is a bit better in filtration and lighting, but the bio is 1 more gallon and cost less. so you can decide. wait till the other guy says something.

New FTS and livestock updates!!!

FTS

post-41750-1235172728_thumb.jpg

Hi Nanobuds, tank is looking very nice. I've never seen anything like that yellow stuff in the center, kind of looks like aptasia in this pic, not that I think it's that, just don't know how else to describe it. What is that stuff?

Cheers

Hi Nanobuds, tank is looking very nice. I've never seen anything like that yellow stuff in the center, kind of looks like aptasia in this pic, not that I think it's that, just don't know how else to describe it. What is that stuff?

Cheers

Yeah they are yellow polyps they grow very fast.

hey nanobuds.... im just wondering, what tank to you like better? your nano or the bio?

The biocube is by far better so far and i am getting some nuclear green zoanthids this weekend or next weekend. I am getting 6 polyps for $35!!! I think that is a good price right?

Picture12.jpg

and matt

OMG he is the cutest thing ever!! Love the tank!

The biocube is by far better so far and i am getting some nuclear green zoanthids this weekend or next weekend. I am getting 6 polyps for $35!!! I think that is a good price right?

Thats what I have to pay at my lfs, but have you seen this guys's post? I took a shot and ordered a bunch because he got good feedback. I am getting them tomorrow and will post my thoughts on that thread.

Buyer beware with sellers that are newer members and low post count, especially when I think all those posts are in classifieds. Looks like he provided a link to seller feedback in another forum, be sure to check into that. I'd hate to see anybody get ripped off. ;)

im always leery on buying frags off of here too, my girlfriend got a bunch the one time from a guy off of here and he did a terrible job on bagging the corals up and making sure that they would make it through shipping, thankfully all of them did aside from the plate. But, it was a lil scary seeing all those frags beat up.

so buyer beware.

Well... my tank got up to 88 degrees and i was really worried but now it is down to 84 and i think everything will be ok but I am hoping nothing will die.

im really hoping

Why did it get so hot?

I dont know but i got a new therometer yesterday and it said 88 and i didnt think it was working right, but when i stuck my hand in the tank to see the temperature it was really hot. My xenia and my frag of kenya dont look so good but i hope everything will be ok.

But my water is now down to 78-80

hey i see you have the nano hqi and this tank.Which one you like better?I would like a 29 gal biocube with a sunpod just cause so simple of setup but then there is the nano hqi.Can you give some pros and cons of each?

thanks

NanoCube

Pros: Better lighting and filtration, can see back chambers, comes with skimmer

Cons: smaller tank and stand

Biocube

Pros: Bigger, better stand, easy to upgrade

Cons: not as good of lighting, filtration not as good, doesnt come with skimmer

I think both tanks are really cool. i cant really decide which one is best. The Nano can have hard and soft, but the biocube can easily be upgraded to that. so it is really up to you

yeah The skimmer not big deal to me.How much bigger is the biocube overall?A sunpod would be a given for the biocube.

Archived