ReefCleaners.org

I need a quiet filter Help

emmanuel

I have an 8 inch cube tank I made in my bedroom with an aquaclear 50 filter that is a little too loud for a bedroom . I bought another brand new one thinking maybe something was wrong with mine but same thing.

What is the quietest filter I can get? the inside length of the tank is 7 1/2 inches

please only respond if you had filters in a very quiet room cause I hooked this up next to my 125 reef tank and it seemed silent thank you

i'm getting desperate I bought a can of automotive undercoating with soundproofing I'm testing it out on a piece of plastic to see if it smells after curing and if not I'm coating the outside of the filter to see if it will deaden the sound .

Nobody has any input on a getting a quiet filter?

i'm getting desperate I bought a can of automotive undercoating with soundproofing I'm testing it out on a piece of plastic to see if it smells after curing and if not I'm coating the outside of the filter to see if it will deaden the sound .

Nobody has any input on a getting a quiet filter?

these filters are pretty quite usually. Are you giving it enough time to break in? This can be a couple of days to a week. I have my tank in my bedroom as well with an aqua clear. I can hardly hear the thing.

Archived