inTank Media Baskets

LOW PH? why?

RockinSmall

i did my first ever water test and my ph is 7.8. what should it be and how do i get it there? is there a range or a specific amount it should be?

thanks folks

can u tell me what the goal number is? what am i looking for and how does one alter ph? i have all this buffer crap from kent marine and red sea, but i dont know how, when, and why to use it.

Between 8.0 and 8.3 is good.

7.8 is acceptable if it's your lowest PH reading, before your lights come on.

Your Ph will always be lowest just before your lights come on, and will slowly raise til it reaches it's highest reading at the end of your light cycle.

You need to find out what your highs and lows are before you start dosing anything.

It would also be helpful to know what your Alk level is, since that directly affects Ph.

here is my current light cycle.. i turn it on whenever i happen to wake up and it turn it off whenever i happen to go to bed. i know i should put this thing on a timer but dont know how. it as 50/50 bulbs and i think moon lights... i bought the tank used yesterday and am clueless. i dont even know where the moon lights r or how to turn on the fans. maybe oncei figure out wheres what.. what is a good light cycle to get on?

The Propagator

8-10 hours is usually sufficient.

The timer plugs into the outlet and the light plugs in to the timer.

What brand of light do you have and what bulbs does it use, and what is the wattage ?

To get a good PH reading check it about an hour after the lights have came on for the day.

Archived