Cultivated Reef

Solana stock Pump?

phinfan78

Hi,

Doesnt seem like I get a ton of flow from my stock solana pump. Does anyone have any suggestions on a replacement? Seems to take a while after water changes to clear and not much flow.

Thanks ~phin

TriggerHappyDude

I was just going to post this question, however I haven't turned mine on, just wondering what most people are using in their Solana tanks? Did you all upgrade to a different pump? This is the stock return pump we are talking about.

Do you have any other powerheads/pumps? If not, I suggest getting a Koralia(s), such as a Koralia 2. Most members with AIOs have other forms of water movement besides the stock pump.

another thought is an eductor, which speeds up the flow by pushing the water out a narrow opening and then through a slightly bigger opening which drags more water along with it like so...

fertilizer2.jpg

which increases the flow 2-3 times!

i think its better to not have too much flow going through the back..so theres more contact time in the fuge and for the skimmer..save the flow for the display imo

TriggerHappyDude
i think its better to not have too much flow going through the back..so theres more contact time in the fuge and for the skimmer..save the flow for the display imo

So the STOCK pump back in the Solana is fine you think?

Especially if I'm going to have an MP40w in the display?

So the STOCK pump back in the Solana is fine you think?

Especially if I'm going to have an MP40w in the display?

I'd say that will be plenty.

Anyone know what the stock Solana pump is rated at?

I'd say that will be plenty.

Anyone know what the stock Solana pump is rated at?

I heard it is made by JEBO with less than 300GPH capability.

Archived