SaltCritters.com

Growing or Bleaching??

NanoJunkee

I bought my first SPS frag from a LFS about three weeks ago. Admittedly, I'm not 100% sure what it is... :blush: (Look familiar to anybody?)

It's polyp extension and looks great, but it's developed white ends on it's branches over the past few days.

Is this growth or is it starting to bleach?

P.S. Everything else in the tank looks good...GSP, shrooms, toadstool, lemnalia, hammer, featherduster...

that looks like new growth and the coral looks to be a montipora dig.

I have one in my tank that has suffered from numerous powerhead assaults (fallen on it, fallen with the outflow 1/4 inch from the coral) and areas have died but it continues growing up and out.

Nice first sps, in my opinion. Easy to care for.

So glad to hear that it's growth...and thanks for the ID. (The closest picture I had been able to find was of branching porites, but it didn't look exact.)

I was reading about your powerhead adventures yesterday...and thinking I should consider rigging mine up with brackets.

but when I got home last night my Powersweep was moaning and groaning...rotating all choppy. I took it out and gave it a good cleaning, but it still sounds like it's going to calf...and it's barely 3 months old! I ripped it out this morning and put in the minijet I use to mix sw. Damn thing was too big, anyway...water level dropped 2" when I took it out. :

I'm going to try to contact Zoomed today to $#&*, though, because I've taken good care of it!

Archived