Coral Vue Hydros

AznT's 40 Breeder Build Thread

aznt1217

So guys... the bug has bit me again!!! I am in the process of starting not one... but TWO tanks. A FW and another salt for my home "office."

I have all the equipment and stuff and am waiting on Dry Rock to arrive to seed.

I have to do a few things before starting.

1... clean up the tank.

2... make water

3... decide what fish to do. I am definitely going to do a FOWLR set up

DSC00846.jpg

Equipment List:

Outer Orbital 150W HQI w/ 96 W CFL

Aqua C Remora Skimmer w/ Maxi Jet 1200

Filter sock with Acrylic holder

15 gallon sump

Rio Return Pump (gotta 2x check which one)

MaxiJet 900 and 1200 for flow (not sure which I am going to use)

300 Watt Marineland Visitherm Heater

DSC00847.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

Livestock List:

Will update as I go along.

5 lb. Cured LiveRock from main tank

40 lb. of Dry Reef Rock

1 Giant Conch Shell

Full Refugium with Daylight Temp light (Chaeto, Sea Grass, Sea Lettuce, and Fiji Mud and sand mix.)

Aquascape... for now lol

DSC00859.jpg

I am also Cycling with 1 Giant Clownfish... damn that closed top didn't work on him =D

If your going FOWLR I would sell your light for something cheaper unless you plan to add corals later on which will probably happen;)

If your going FOWLR I would sell your light for something cheaper unless you plan to add corals later on which will probably happen;)

It's cool I like having that light only because I like the option of having the tank do more

**UPDATE**

Water is in... Just have to fill up the top portion and set up the Sump.

Going to run an all out refugium. Miracle Mud and some sand as the substrate. Sea Lettuce, Sea Grass, and Chaeto will be there for Nutrient Export.

Here is a teaser of the Aquascape

DSC00863.jpg

lol. The Conch shell was my "theme" of this tank. It's really hard to place because it's HUGE. But after being in the Bahamas I noticed these Conch Shells can be habitats for many fish so I figured... that would be cool. More to come later and might rescape, but the branch corals are there to keep possibilities open for seahorses... or an eel.

Archived