Coral Vue Hydros

how long do you keep your light on?

brahm

I have a 30 gal, with a Jebo Powercompact.

Tanks been up for 4 months have,

Star polyps,

shrooms,

mushroom leather,

tube worm,

feather duster,

long spine urchin,

pin cushin urchin,

a couple clowns,

a couple dahmsels,

a couple cardnels,

a goby,

and my main man "Pixel" the box fish.

(not including my army of Herm Crabs aka "West Side" and my Army of Snails "aka East Side".

35p LR (aprx)

20p LS

I've been keeping the light on for an average of 12-13 hours a day.. is that to much? Everything seems pretty healthy, but will more or less light help promote growth?

Thanks

Brahm

30 gals + 8 fish = very, very, heavily loaded tank. Do you have algae problems? If not, where did you get your cleaning crew, because I am interested.

I agree with 10-12 hours of light.

no algie problem, my 2 urchins do a great job of keeping the rocks clean, and my army's of hermit crabs and snails, keep the rest in pretty decent shape.. I try to do weekly water changes, and i'm running a carbon and a poly filter in a aqua 300 or 500 not sure how big it.. Although I had a sea apple which did a great job of helping filter the water as well, but i took that out yesterday so i'm not sure of the affect of that on the tank yet... although 4 of the fish are Really small (the clowns and the damsels)

but i am still pretty much a n00b, so I don't know what is considered enough algie to be a "problem" i do get some on the glass but I usally wipe down once a week.

Archived