Pod Your Reef

Control your tank remotely with iPhone

jejenkins

ANyone tried it?

Link

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/02/control...our-iphone.html

Control Fish Tank using your iPhone

The iPhone has already been used to control R/C car, iRobot's Packbot, Unmaned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), iPhone Lego NXT Robo, turned into a walking robot and dog treat dispenser.

Do you have a fish tank? Want to control it from anywhere in the world from your iPhone then you should checkout the video of this cool hack by Pete from WaveJam Technologies.

The ioBridge module which was used to create a system for dispensing dog treats seems to be getting quite popular to control things from the iPhone.

Pete from WaveJam Technologies has used the ioBridge module to control his fish tank lights, video camera and pirate chest using his iPhone.

He has built a neat UI to watch the video feed of his fish tank using a webcam on the iPhone's Safari browser and also some buttons below the video feed to interact and control the tank.

You can see the video of Pete controlling the fish tank using his iPhone:

omg thats so friggin cool

now instead if trying to show people pictures of your tank you can show them in real time what your tank looks like no matter where you are

• 1 month later...

Hi all...

For more info on the interactive tank and a real demo, cruise to: http://www.tankedcam.com

ANyone tried it?

Link

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/02/control...our-iphone.html

Control Fish Tank using your iPhone

The iPhone has already been used to control R/C car, iRobot's Packbot, Unmaned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), iPhone Lego NXT Robo, turned into a walking robot and dog treat dispenser.

Do you have a fish tank? Want to control it from anywhere in the world from your iPhone then you should checkout the video of this cool hack by Pete from WaveJam Technologies.

The ioBridge module which was used to create a system for dispensing dog treats seems to be getting quite popular to control things from the iPhone.

Pete from WaveJam Technologies has used the ioBridge module to control his fish tank lights, video camera and pirate chest using his iPhone.

He has built a neat UI to watch the video feed of his fish tank using a webcam on the iPhone's Safari browser and also some buttons below the video feed to interact and control the tank.

You can see the video of Pete controlling the fish tank using his iPhone:

Vancouver Reefer

Oh you know this is know an add on to my ever expanding list of things for this tank!!1 You know you would be the envy of any party if you could show people your own tank live and control it!!!!! Wifi is everywhere now and this would be one serious piece of mind if you could see you tank on your phone when your away!!!

By the time i get my tank up and running, all my projects are going to have cost more than my damn tank!!!

VR!

Archived