Coral Vue Hydros

Vortech MP20

spectrum82586

spectrum82586

I am starting to pick up some new equipment for a new setup. I have a 18G rimless that I want to put one Vortech MP20 in. First is this overkill even turned down? Second has anyone ever had it malfunction and jump to a higher setting ie. I come home to water all over the place? Thanks for reading any feed back is much appreciated!

bonsaidarrell

I've had one in my 20 gallon cube for a month. I am running it about 25%, so I would say it isn't overkill. Even at full power it wouldn't cause water to spill out (assuming you are not running the water to the very top), but it will create a sandstorm. I've seen no evidence that it have ever jumped to a higher setting.

Those things look pretty sweet, but then I seen the price my god 295.00 thats alot I still want one tho haha.

I've spent over 100 bucks on maxi-jets and Koralias wish I'd have just bought one of these instead. Then again I've spent way to much money on my Red Sea Max whats another 295.00 lol.

It will not jump, it uses a adjustment dial so you control the level of flow, and you can also change the mode of flow. I have one on my 15G and its great.

currently running one on basically that exact setup. It has untapped potential in this tank, but I can't think of anything cheaper and smaller that would have the same adjustability and wave making ability. Get it if you have the dough.

Archived