Pod Your Reef

question for guys running a skimmer

jun_18T

hi there people....

im really very frustrated with my CPR SR3 skimmer right now. these skimmers are not cheap in any way but they really work like crap. do you guys have problems with micro bubbles every time you do water change??? of course when i do my water changes i turn off everything right. and as soon as i turn everything back on....massive(i mean a LOT) of micro bubbles comes out of the skimmer. is this normal???? dont tell me that its just a break in period because i got this thing for over a month now. the bubbles will settle down after 2-3 days but it will still have a little bit until i do another water change. then cycle begins again. its so frustrating because i paid the dollars and it works like the oceanic skimmer in my opinion

can you guys give me some input....should i just go get another skimmer??? im in a brink of just getting a tunze 9002 skimmer.

thanks!

Hmm, I don't seem to have that problem. I had microbubbles, but those have settled down over time. And mine did take more than a month to settle the microbubbles, so you may not be out of the "break in" period yet.

Freddybnj2004

Well, I am also new to the hobby and I have a Tunze 9002 and I think it's working correctly but it's just so frustrating to set it correctly... I either get nothing coming into the collection cup or I get a full cup of water... I tried turning the screw all the way in... then the slightest turn open. I let it sit for a couple of hours and nothing... i then turn ever so slightly again and still nothing then finally I come back to a cup that's full of clear to partially dirty water... I've seen pictures of peoples collection cup and they were dark brown to black with ####... I get some dirt on the cup but 99% water... and even that's not dark at all... light tea to clear water..

The water level is right where the marking is.... ?

Archived