Innovative Marine Aquariums

AP24 Owners. I have a ? and a Surprise for you

inTank

I need to know at what height you are allowing water to spill over into chamber one.

There are those amazing and highly engineered pieces you slide into the intake grate to block off water. At what height do you have the last one to the top of your grate.

For example, one owner is allowing 1 13/16" or 46mm of water come into to the chamber.

Second question would be is this level important to you? Some tanks need that sweet spot, but the AP24 doesn't have a closed in grate. Meaning no top piece molded in like the Biocube.

Thank you. I think you know what is coming soon :happydance:

DIY CD case slid into the top slot for me, allows only the top couple of cm to spill over. It raelly depends what you've got in the back chambers as far as the water height, my only gripe is when my water runs too low and the heater becomes exposed. Thanks for thinking of us, I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Thank you. I can see that working in my research tank.

If any one runs it different let me know, I need to make a product work for every tank.

DIY CD case slid into the top slot for me, allows only the top could of cm to spill over. It raelly depends what you've got in the back chambers as far as the water height, my only gripe is when my water runs too low and the heater becomes exposed.

This rack will allow you to mod a curret black piece if necessary to just skim the very top layer. But as it is now the surface is skimming nicely and there are no water height issue in the rear. Plenty of room for a heater next to the rack.

I also leave the top grate out/off. The actual skimming/spillover height with the top grate out can very. I made the typical eggcrate media rack mod. So the spillover height depends on total water volume, and how dense the wad of filter floss is for me. This of course also greatly effects water level in chamber 2, which is where my return pumps and heater are. I have chaeto in chamber one next to my media rack. I'm sure it is not as nice nor as functional as the inTank rack would be. HTH

Thank you.

The test tonight is to put media and floss into the rack and see how flow is or is not effected. I use the proven design from previous racks so these come together rather quick, testing doesn't .

I can see lot of room for chaeto next to the rack, I may think of something for that area or in chamber two.

Thermoformed mold is being machined now for the fishsaver.

I cut the top black thing down so only the top 2cm of the grates are open, other wise water spills over the false wall into the chambers. I'm going to take it out completeley and see how it works though.

edit: I took the top one out to leave the grate open, works perfect for me, water level is a little low in the display but I badly need to top off and ran out of ro so that's why.

I used the diy cd method leaving approx 3cm open. I also need to do the Eggcrate mod next to help force the water down and then over. Then I am working on a ghetto air powered skimmer to top it off, because I am totally sick of still seeing little particles flying all over the water.

I used the diy cd method leaving approx 3cm open. I also need to do the Eggcrate mod next to help force the water down and then over. Then I am working on a ghetto air powered skimmer to top it off, because I am totally sick of still seeing little particles flying all over the water.

I ship to Canada ;)

send me a pm on your prices and stuff please.

I will have it on my website as soon as it is released. www.mediabaskets.com I am also a sponsor here as you can see from the inTank OP.

I ship to Canada right from the website, I think shipping charges are around $24.00

I have added you to the contact list when this product is ready for sale

It probably needs some tweaking but this is the basic look.

It is beefy with the black wall using the normal acrylic instead of thinner like the BC models.

Prototype shipped out today, testing has begun in my tank

Archived